Electronic Invoice Monitoring and Tax Compliance in Punjab | Policy Brief
Tax compliance in Punjab is a key policy issue in the context of a large informal sector and the limited enforcement capacity of the tax authorities. As a policy reform geared towards improving government access to information trails via technological integration, the Punjab Revenue Authority PRA) introduced the Electronic Invoice Monitoring Software (EIMS) in designated services and firms. In this brief, we analyze the impact of this intervention by examining the difference in three tax-related outcomes for firms in the months after the adoption of EIMS
- The Moral Meaning of Pakistan’s 2024 General Elections
- What is the Youth Thinking?
- Identity and Aspiration Among Youth in Gilgit-Baltistan
- The Ambiguous Prospects of a Pakistani Central Bank Digital Currency
- Muhammad Ali Jinnah’s Pakistan
- How susceptible is Pakistan’s Job Market to AI?
- De-Dollarization in Pakistan: A Promising Path or Distant Dream? | The Friday Economist
- Search and Matching Frictions for Day Labourers
- Oral History, Collaboration and Research on Women Public Sector Workers in Pakistan
- Muhammad Ali Jinnah’s Presidential Address to the 1st Constituent Assembly of Pakistan (August 11, 1947)